- Extended Support for SQL Server 2008 NS 2008 R2 ends July 9, 2019
- Extended Support for Windows Server 2009 NS 2008 R2 ends January 14, 2020.
- Upgrade to SQL Server 2017: Move to a database with industry-leading performance and security—now on Windows, Linux, and Docker containers. SQL Server 2019 is another option and provides a data virtualization solution which is an improvement to the ETL process. Data virtualization allows integrating data from different sources such as MongoDB, Oracle, DB2, Cosmos, and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) without moving data around.
- Modernize in the cloud: Move to Azure to get greater cost efficiencies, state-of-the-art security, and powerful data and analytics services – with fully-managed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) solutions.
- Take the hybrid approach: Deploy across on-premises and the cloud to extend your infrastructure and improve business continuity. With Azure Hybrid Benefits, you can save up to 55% in Azure Windows Server and SQL Server workloads:
Key Benefits of Data Estate Modernization
For Windows Server, you can convert or reuse Windows licensing with active software assurance in Azure for IaaS and significantly reduce costs whiling paying the base rate for Azure.
For SQL Server: Convert SQL licensing with active software assurance to save up in Azure for IaaS and PaaS. Use licenses on premise and under the Hybrid Benefit simultaneously for 180 days.
- Cost Benefits: Companies that embrace data estate modernization with cloud, data and AI – nearly double operating margin, $40k more revenue per employee, 50%+ higher average net income on revenue. Leaders in digital transformation generate an average of $100 million more in additional operating income each year (Source: Keystone Strategy 2016).
- Security: Security updates with modernization will protect you from catastrophic vulnerabilities:
– 4.2 Billion Records were stolen by hackers in 2016
– 20% of organizations lose customers during a hack, 30% lose revenue
– The expected loss of cyber-crime to the global economy by 2022 is 8 Trillion
- Modern Analytics: Turn analytics intelligence into action that make sense is critical now and will be even more critical in the future.
Microsoft has a comprehensive suite of data offerings for modernization and Menlo Technologies has the technical expertise and can choose the right path forward for you.___ 1 Data will grow to 163ZB in 2025 2 Today, 80% of organizations adopt cloud-first strategies 3 AI investment increased by 300% in 2017